Dr Jaci Huws is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Healthcare Sciences, and and Director of Internationalisation at the Collge of Health Sciences, Bangor University.
Jaci teaches on the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, and is the Programme Leader of the MSc Public Health & Health Promotion course. She has over 30 years’ experience in nursing and health practice, education and research. Her key research interests are on experiences and representations of health, long-term conditions and disability.
As a Director of Internationalisation, Jaci is involved in approaches that enhance the international student experience, working in partnership with global providers, and supporting staff and student global mobility.
Director of Internationalisation
Programme Leader MSc Public Health & Health Promotion
Telephone: +44 (0) 1248 383155
Facebook: Bangor MSc Public Health/Health Promotion: Past & Present
Jaci is Programme Leader for the MSc Public Health & Health Promotion Programme. She is involved in the teaching and supervision of undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD/Doctoral research students. She is Module Organiser for the postgraduate Social & Behavioural Sciences module, the Epidemiology module, and the Principles & Practices of Public Health & Health Promotion module; she also co-leads the Public Health Nutrition Module. Jaci is also involved in teaching on other courses and modules including the undergraduate and postgraduate Research Methods, and on an online Infection Prevention 'MOOC'.
Jaci is currently an external examiner for Advanced Research Methods, the MSc Dissertation, and the Professional Doctorate Programme at Glasgow Caledonian University.
*Bangor University Group Membership*
- College of Health and Behavioural Sciences: Internationalisation Task Group, Marketing & Recruitment Group, Teaching & Learning Group.
- School of Healthcare Sciences: Teaching & Learning Committe, Marketing Strategy Group, Academic Ethics Committee, Pwyllgor Ymchwil a Dysgu Cyfrwng Cymraeg / Welsh Medium Research and Teaching Committee, Board of Studies.
- Committee member/Organiser: Bangor University Deaf & Hearing Impairment Annual Conference.
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board International Health Group.
- Betsi-Quthing (Wales for Africa) Group.
- Public Health Network Cymru’s Advisory Group.
- NIHR (RfPB) Reviewer, CRC Reviewer.
*Membership and Fellowship*
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Fellowship: Royal Society for Public Health.