I am a psychophysiologist by training. I am broadly interested in the interactions among biological systems (e.g., brain, heart, eyes) and how psychological states influence these interactions.
Email: g.gallicchio (at) bangor.ac.uk
Student meetings: Click here for checking the most updated meeting times or for booking a DROP-IN or TUTORIAL meeting.
- DROP-IN = Unannounced short meeting that is bookable only on the same day, typically Mon and Thu 11:30-12:30. A bit like knocking at my office door, but online.
- TUTORIAL = Potentially long-ish meeting for my tutees and project/dissertation students. Only bookable in advance.
If any of this is confusing, send me an email.
My research interests lie at the intersection of Biological Psychology, Cognitive Neuroscience, and Human Performance. Most recently, I have applied methods of computational psychophysiology in an attempt to advance knowledge in these fields:
- Determinants of superior performance and learning in target sports
- Development of novel techniques to study eye movements during discrete movements
- Effects of physical fatigue on neurophysiology
- Psychomotor Behaviour (JHX-1027), as module leader
- Biomechanics (JXH-1020), as module leader
- Stress and Performance (JXH/C-3031), as instructor
Supervising students for the modules:
- UG Project Proposal (JXH/C-2041)
- UG Dissertation (JXHC-3054)
- PG Dissertation Proposal (JXH-4021)
- PG Dissertation project (JXH-4901)
- PG Research project proposal (JXH-4009)
- PG Research project (JHX-4900)
- 2018 → 2020 Research Fellow, Loughborough University, UK
- 2018 (1 month) Visiting Doctoral Researcher, University of Maryland, USA
- 2015 → 2018 Doctoral Researcher and Teaching Assistant, University of Birmingham, UK
- 2014 → 2015 Research Assistant, University of Salzburg, Austria
- 2010 → 2011 Research Intern, University of Birmingham, UK
- 2009 → 2010 Research Intern, University of Padova, Italy
- 2008 → 2009 Research Intern, University of Padova, Italy
- 2006 → 2007 Research Intern, University of Padova, Italy
- Society for Psychophysiological Research (SPR)
Ad hoc reviewer for:
- Biological Psychology
- BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Current Psychology
- Experimental Brain Research
- European Journal of Sports Science
- Frontiers in Psychology
- Human Movement Science
- International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health
- International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching
- Journal of Expertise
- Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- Physiology & Behavior
- Psychology of Sport & Exercise
- Sport, Exercise & Performance Psychology
- Revista de Psicologia del Deporte (Journal of Sport Psychology)
Up-to-date list here
I enjoy practising Capoeira.