Psychophysiologist and cognitive neuroscientist.
Within the School of Psychology and Sport Science, I hold these roles:
- Researcher. My research uses and develops computational methods of psychophysiology to improve understanding within the areas of cognitive neuroscience and biological psychology. I am affiliated with the Institute for the Psychology of Elite Performance (IPEP) and the Institute for Applied Human Physiology (IAHP).
- Research Colloquia Lead
- Research Ethics and Governance Committee Reviewer
- Pastoral care / Personal Tutor
- Module Organiser and Instructor. I organize several modules for the Department of Sport and Exercise Sciences. I teach within a very wide area spanning psychology, biomechanics, and anatomy.
- Supervisor for students' Dissertations and Research Projects. I supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Email: g.gallicchio (at) bangor.ac.uk
Office: 303.1 in George Building, Normal Site
- Tutorial: A 15-min meeting that can be booked through this page. If you would like the meeting to last longer than 15 minutes, please book multiple contiguous sessions.
Please note that these meetings are run online using MS Teams.
My research uses and develops methods of computational electrophysiology to study the interactions among biological systems (e.g., cortical, cardiovascular, ocular) and how psychological states influence these interactions.
Current PhD supervision:
- James Hodgetts
- Thipkanlaya Jaiaue
- Liam Hardman
- Kitty Forster
The Institute for the Psychology of Elite Performance (IPEP) http://ipep.bangor.ac.uk/
The Institute for Applied Human Physiology (IAHP) http://iahp.bangor.ac.uk.
|JXH-1057 Applied Biomechanics and Anatomy||JXH-1057 Applied Biomechanics and Anatomy||JXH-1020 Biomechanics||JXH-1020 Biomechanics|
|JXH-1055 Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology||JXH-1055 Foundations of Sport and Exercise Psychology||JXH-1027 Psychomotor Behaviour|| |
|JXH-2054 Psychophysiology of Sport and Exercise|| || || |
|JXH-3031 Stress and Performance||JXH-3031 Stress and Performance||JXH-3031 Stress and Performance||JXH-3031 Stress and Performance|
bold = Module Organizer
In addition, I supervise UG and PG Dissertation and Research Project modules.
- 2018 → 2020 Research Fellow, Loughborough University, UK
- 2018 (1 month) Visiting Doctoral Researcher, University of Maryland, USA
- 2015 → 2018 Doctoral Researcher and Teaching Assistant, University of Birmingham, UK
- 2014 → 2015 Research Assistant, University of Salzburg, Austria
- 2010 → 2011 Research Intern, University of Birmingham, UK
- 2009 → 2010 Research Intern, University of Padova, Italy
- 2008 → 2009 Research Intern, University of Padova, Italy
- 2006 → 2007 Research Intern, University of Padova, Italy
- Society for Psychophysiological Research (SPR)
Ad hoc reviewer for:
- Biological Psychology
- BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Current Psychology
- Experimental Brain Research
- European Journal of Sports Science
- Frontiers in Psychology
- Human Movement Science
- International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health
- International Journal of Sports Science & Coaching
- Journal of Expertise
- Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport
- Physiology & Behavior
- Psychology of Sport & Exercise
- Sport, Exercise & Performance Psychology
- Revista de Psicologia del Deporte (Journal of Sport Psychology)
Up-to-date list here
Institute for Psychology of Elite Performance (IPEP)
Institute for Applied Human Physiology (IAHP)