Dr Law has been a Lecturer in Health and Social Care at Bangor University since 2004. Dr Law was awarded a Fellowship in the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) in 2017. Prior to coming to Bangor University, Dr Law was a Visiting Professor at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah (USA), where she was a lecturer in Sociology and Social Work for four years. Dr. Law has a Ph.D. in Sociology, a Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW), and a Bachelor’s degree in Family Science, with a minor in Psychology. Dr Law was also a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) for the Division of Child and Family Services, in Provo, Utah for six years; and a teacher in a High School in Harrow Middlesex, for 5 years.
Dr. Law currently teaches classes in Health and Social Care and Sociology; supervises undergraduate dissertation students, and is a personal tutor.
- NHS 1202 – An Introduction to Health and Welfare Issues (year 1).
- NHS 1204 - Fundamentals of Sociology (year 1).
- NHS 2201 - The Sociology of Health and Illness (year 2).
- NHS 3211 - Global Health and Social Care (year 3)
- NHS 3197 - Dissertation Supervision (year 3).