Location: Room 1.06, Hen Goleg
Telephone: 01248 38 3571
Rasha Alsakka is a Reader in Banking and Finance at Bangor Business School. Rasha was appointed at Bangor in January 2010. Previously she taught at Aberystwyth University. Her work has appeared in many internationally recognised journals, including Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of International Money and Finance, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, British Accounting Review, European Journal of Finance,and Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money. Rasha has also achieved Outstanding reviewer status for Journal of Banking and Finance in recognition of the contributions made to the quality of the journal.
She is a senior member of the credit rating research group at Bangor.
Roles within Bangor Business School
- BBS Senior Tutor (Aug 2018 - Present)
- BBS Disability Tutor (2012 - Present)
- BBS Ethics Officer (2014 - Oct 2018)
- Member of CAHB (previously CBLESS) Ethics committee (2014 - Present)
- Personal tutor
- Teaching Advisor and Mentor, PGCertHE
- Supervision of PG & UG dissertations
Outstanding reviewer status for Journal of Banking and Finance in Aug 2017 in recognition of the contributions I made to the quality of the journal.
Center for the Enhancement of Learning: CELT Associate Award (2016).
Charted Banker Research Funding: Project ‘European Banking Union and its consequences for bank behaviour and bank credit ratings’. £1500- Dec 2017-Nov 2018
ESRC & BBS PhD Studentship in Financial Economics starting in September 2015 for three years. Full awards consist of a stipend of approximately £14,168 per annum and a fee contribution of approximately £4,084. Students will also be eligible to apply for a research allowance (£750 per annum).
ESRC & BBS PhD Studentship in Financial Economics started in September 2012 for three years. Full awards consist of: a stipend of approximately £13,590 per annum and a fee contribution of approximately £3,807.
Research Interest: Credit risk and credit ratings, Political economy, Emerging markets, European sovereign debt crisis, Credit and uncertainty.
Conference and seminar presentations
- INFINITI Conference on International Finance, Dublin – Ireland (2016)
- XXIV InternationalRome Conference on Money, Banking and Finance. Rome - Italy (2015)
- Wolpertinger Conference - Granada, Spain (2015)
- European Financial Management Association - Reading (2013)
- International Conference on the Global Financial Crisis - Southampton (2013)
- Emerging Markets Group Conference- Cass Business School (2011)
- Financial Sector Performance & Risk (Post-Crisis) Conference, Bangor Business School (2011)
- British Accounting and Finance Association Annual Conference, Birmingham (2011), Cardiff (2010), Dundee (2009)
- Wolpertinger conference, Bangor, UK (2010)
- Emerging Markets Conference, Turkey (2010)
- Newcastle Economics seminar, Newcastle University, UK (2010)
- University of Wales Accounting & Finance Colloquium, Gregynog (2008)
- School of Management & Business, Aberystwyth University, Aberystwyth (2006)
PhD examination: Hull University Business School, Bangor Business School.
- Bristol University - UK (September 2018 - Present)
- Newcastle University - UK (September 2016 – Present)
- University of Hertfordshire UK & INTI University - Malaysia (2015 - Present)
- External module marker and auditor for the London School of Economics and Political Science LSE (2009-2013)
Bank of Spain, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of International Money and Finance,European Journal of Finance, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, International Review of Financial Analysis;Emerging market Review, Journal of Financial Stability and Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, International Journal of Finance and Economics