Lecturer in Finance
Gwion Williams is a Lecturer in Finance in Bangor Business School. He has been with the business school since 2007 when he undertook his MSc in Finance course. He then worked as a research assistant on an ESRC funded project looking at opportunistic managerial behaviour around the times of share option grants in the UK. He did his PhD in Finance between 2009 - 2013 in Bangor, and has held the position of Lecturer in Finance since September 2012.
His research interest is in sovereign credit ratings and their effects on world markets and banks, and he is a member of the credit ratings research group at Bangor. He is currently co-supervising one PhD student.
His teaching interests lie in quantitative methods, financial engineering, financial modelling, financial econometrics, behavioural finance, and research methods.
Roles within Bangor Business School
- Director of Postgraduate Research
- Teaching and Learning Committee - Head of Quants
- Pwyllgor Addysgu a Dysgu cyfrwng Cymraeg (Teaching and Learning Committee - Welsh Language)
- Postgraduate Research Seminar Series Convener
- Postgraduate and undergraduate teaching
- Study Buddies Coordinator - Quants
- Personal tutor
PhD in Finance
MSc in Finance
BSc in Astrophysics
- ASB-1114 Business Analytics
- ADB-1114 Dulliau Dadansoddi Busnes
- ASB-4416 Credit Risk Analytics
- ASB-4417 Market Risk Analytics
- ASB-4441 Current Issues in International Finance
- ASB-4903 Financial Research Seminar Series
- ASB-4910 CFA series
- ASB-4937 Quants for Financial Studies
- ASB-5000 PhD Research Seminars
- ASB-4932 Foundation in Social Research
- ASB-4930 Research Colloquium
- Sandy Paola Perez Robles. 'Credit Ratings in the Insurance Sector'
- Bouchra Benzennou. 'The Market Microstructure of Stock Futures and Equity Options'
I will consider supervising exceptional applicants at PhD level in the following research areas:
- Financial Sector Credit Ratings
- Sovereign Credit Ratings
- Regulation and the Credit Rating Agencies
- Executive pay
Director of Postgraduate Research
Division: Financial Studies
Location: Room 0.15, Hen Goleg
Telephone: 01248 38 3959